AT&T and Verizon are providing unlimited talk, text & data to those in the areas affected by Tropical Storm Barry.
Key Points for St. Mary Parish
- Voluntary evacuation has been ordered
- Shelter’s will open at 7:00 PM on Friday
- Curfew will be in effect from 10:00 PM Friday until 6:00 AM Saturday
- Tropical Storm force winds are expected throughout the parish
- Rainfall of 10 to 20 inches possible
More information below:
VOLUNTARY EVACUATION ISSUED FOR ST. MARY PARISH
THE FOLLOWING SHELTERS WILL BE OPENED IN ST. MARY PARISH BEGINNING AT 7:00 PM ON FRIDAY:
- BALDWIN COMMUNITY CENTER
- FRANKLIN RECREATION CENTER
- BERWICK CIVIC CENTER
ALL SHELTERS WILL HAVE COTS, BLANKET AND LIMITED FOOD (MAINLY MRE’s)
- If you have special food requirements, you must bring your own.
- If you have medicinal requirements you must bring your own.
These shelters are for people in low lying areas, or those who just don’t feel safe staying where they are.
Voluntary evacuation has been ordered for Assumption Parish
City of Morgan City
The City Court of Morgan City will be closed on Friday, July 2019, due to the severe weather approaching the Tri-city area.
City of Franklin:
City Hall has now moved in its Command Center inside the Franklin Fire Department.
Numbers to call if:
- Fire – 911
- Power Line Problems, Trees down in power lines – 911
- Trees down that are blocking streets – 828-6348 (Public Works)
- Debris Blocking Water Flow – 828-6348 (Public Works)
- Other Non-Emergency Questions or Concerns – 828-6328
Pelican Waste will not pickup garbage in Patterson on Saturday.
MC Bank will close all branches at noon on Friday.
St. Martin Parish
Voluntary Evacuation Order Issued For Lower St. Martin Parish
St. Martin Parish Government Offices and St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office Closed Tomorrow
(St. Martinville, LA.)- After consultation with the Director of the St. Martin Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness, Parish President Chester R. Cedars has issued a Voluntary Evacuation Order for lower St. Martin Parish, effective immediately.
The voluntary evacuation is necessary to afford any and all residents ample opportunity to evacuate the area because of the prospective storm surge and potential high water conditions which may be enhanced as a consequence of Tropical Storm Barry. Anyone who wishes to comply with the voluntary evacuation and needs assistance can call the Parish’s Office of Emergency Preparedness at (337) 394-2808. Moreover, any questions associated with the Order should contact that number.
Due to the impending storm, St. Martin Parish Government Offices and the Clerk of Court, Courthouse, and Tax Assessors Office will be closed tomorrow. The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office Administrative Offices will also be closed tomorrow.
- Sand and sand bags available at the Four Corners fire station.
Town of Baldwin
- Sand and sand bags are available at the maintenance barn behind town hall.
Lower St. Martin Parish Sand Bag Information
- Wednesday-3:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Thursday-9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Friday-9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
*Note New Location-Behind the car wash at the corner of Stephensville Road and Hwy. 70
- The City of Morgan City has placed two piles of sand under the Hwy 90 Bridge on DAVID DRIVE in Morgan City. This sand is for public use, and is NOT bagged. Any citizen wishing to obtain a small amount of sand bags may go to that location and fill the amount they need. Remember to bring a shovel.
Town of Berwick
- Sand, sand bags and a shovel available under the Highway 90 bridge near Town Hall.
Unincorporated areas of St. Mary Parish
- Sand and sand bags will be available after 11 am on Wednesday at the Hanson Canal Public Works barn near Franklin and at the Public Works facility on Highway 182, by the water tower, in Bayou Vista. Please bring your own shovel.
- Patterson also has sand and sand bags available at the public works facility on Taft Street and at the Progress St. fire station across the railroad. Please bring your own shovel.
Bayou BBQ Bash
- The St. Mary Chamber of Commerce has announced that this weekend’s Bayou BBQ Bash has been canceled. It will not be reschecduled.
Bikers on the Bayou
- Bikers on the Bayou, which was scheduled for Saturday in downtown Franklin, has been rescheduled to Aug. 24.