Franklin, LA – Registrar of Voters, Jolene Holcombe announces the following deadlines for the November 18 Primary Election. The deadline to register in person or by mail is Wednesday, October 18, and the Geaux Vote online electronic registration deadline is Saturday, October 28. Anyone wishing to vote in this election, must be registered by the above mentioned deadlines. Early Voting for the November 18 election begins on Friday, November 3 and continues through Saturday, November 11. However; the Registrars office will be closed on Friday, November 10 in observance of the Veterans Day Holiday. Hours for early voting are 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Early voting will be conducted at the Registrar’s office on the third floor of the courthouse and also at the Registrar’s branch office in Morgan City at 301 3rd Street. You may vote early in either office regardless of your address.
The following issues are on the ballot:
- State Treasurer
- Member, Louisiana Public Service Commission, District 2
- 3 Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- City Marshall, City Court, City of Franklin – Special Election
- City of Patterson, Four Charter Amendment Propositions
- Wax Lake East Drainage District Proposition Millage Renewal (Continuation of a two mill property tax for 20 years). District is from Calumet to the Morgan City Bridge.