NEW ORLEANS – The Coast Guard is responding to a report of a person in the water near Grand Isle, Louisiana, Saturday.
Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a report at 4 p.m. that Joey Giudrol, a 35-year-old male from Cut Off, Louisiana, went missing in Grande Isle near a break wall.
The two friends that reported Giudrol missing stated he went behind the break wall to throw a cast net, and after 20 minutes they could no longer see him.
Involved in the search are:
– Coast Guard Station Grand Isle Special Purpose Craft-Shallow Water boat crew
– Coast Guard Station Grand Isle 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boat crew
– Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans MH-65 Dolphin Helicopter aircrew
– Coast Guard Cutter Mako
– Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
– Jefferson Parish Sherriff’s Office
– Grand Isle Police Department